UltraExplorer is a Windows Explorer alternative that provides a customizable interface and additional features. You can group the file display by name, type, date or other aspects or navigate in column mode in addition to the standard view modes. You can also browse folders in tabs, filter folder content, quickly access recently used folders, maintain a list of favorites, and more. UltraExplorer also offers convenient ways to copy file names or folder paths, view folder sizes and Drop Stack to collect files from multiple locations.
UltraExplorer is the testbed for Mustangpeak Delphi and CBuilder Components. It is designed to be the ultimate File Manager for Microsoft Windows. UltraExplorer’s interface is completely customizable. You can add tools, hide or show as many windows as you would like and move them around to create an environment that you like.
Some of the key features of UltraExplorer are:
- Drop Stack Window – Drop blocks of files into the drop stack for quick access later
- Favorites Window – Build a favorites tree with any object you like from the shell. The tree is fully aware of drag and drop and the clipboard. Use the objects in the favorites tree just like the normal treeview and listview controls.
- Command Line Window – Can’t give up DOS and a command line? UltraExplorer has a built in command line window that stays synced with the current view of the application.
- Filter Window – Too many files to find what you want? Use UltraExplorers Filter window. Create new filter arguments by:
- dragging and dropping objects to the window
- using the selected objects in the active listview
- Folders Window – Ultra fast Folder treeview that is positionable anywhere in the application.
- History Window – User defined level of previously browsed folder. Objects in this window can be used just as in the treeview or listviews, drag drop and clipboard aware.
- Listview Window – A secondary listview window that can be used identical to the fixed listview. Allows for a dual listview display if desired.
- Tabbed Folders – There are several ways to create a new tab
- Simply press the Control key when clicking on a folder and the folder is browsed in a new tab.
- CTRL-T creates a clone of the current tab (CTRL-W closes the current tab)
- Use the menu item in the Main Menu under “File”
- Use the right mouse click context menu while hovering over the Tabs
- Task Window - The Task window accepts plug in DLLs to extend UltraExplorer beyond its powerful built in capablilites. The DLL can be built in Borland Delphi and distributed separately. All that is necessary is the DLL file be places in the Plug In folder within the UltraExplorer install folder and the plugin will be available to the user.
- Examples of plugins and the source code for the default plug in that come with UltraExplorer can be downloaded here.