RunScanner is a windows system utility to scan all configured running programs, autostart locations, unverified drivers, services and hijack points to detect changes and misconfiguration caused by spyware, virus or human errors.
RunScanner has 3 modes:
- Beginner mode – scans and writes the results in a log file and upload them to a malware specialist forum to let other people help you to solve your problems.
- Classic mode – provides the user more information and a way to quickly fix common problems such as malware.
- Expert mode – for advanced users, all startup tweaks, scanning, reporting, filtering and delete features are available.
How RunScanner works:
- Scanning of 74 startup/hijack locations
- Fixing of invalid entries
- Saving and importing of .run files (all information available)
- Marking of items that need fixing
- Kill multiple processes at once
- Host file editor
- Verification of file signatures
- MD5 hash calculation of files
- Online lookup of scanned entries
- Google lookup
- Regedit jump
- Explorer jump
- Whitelist filter
- Online rating of found entries bases on MD5 hash
- Save to text log file
- Online analysis of results
- Upload files to Virus Total
- Backup and restore history
RunScanner is suitable for novice users who suspect that something is wrong with their computer but do not have the knowledge to fix it. RunScanner is a freeware, you can download it from the RunScanner website.