OctaGate Switch works like a switchboard, incoming requests are scanned for their destination, and the request is then forwarded to the matching server. This allows you to run several web servers on the same computer, all externally replying to port 80!
OctaGate Switch can :
- HTTP Load Balancing and Failover to speed up your site and improve uptime
- Work as an SSL frontend for your web servers
- Use a mixed server environment on one IP address
- Change web servers in production (hot swap)
- Protect web server from destructive/untested DLLs
- Migrate web services around without breaking existing code
- Have many web servers build one cohesive website
- Move slow parts of website to separate web server, without breaking old links
OctaGate Switch acts as HTTP Switching, HTTP Forwarding, HTTP Redirecting or HTTP Tunneling. It looks at incoming requests and determines which web server it should route the request to. OctaGate Switch also compresses data before it is sent to the browser. Some formats, like XML, ASP, JSP, DHTML and HTML can be compressed by as much as 90%!
With OctaGate Switch you can maintain several web servers on a single IP address, even lets you break a single website into several web servers and allow you to place several stand alone web applications on the same domain, without using different ports.
For more info about OctaGate Switch features, visit http://www.octagate.com/Features.asp
Download 21-days trial version of OctaGate Switch 2.2.22 at http://www.octagate.com/Download.asp
The OctaGate Switch documentation can be found in an online version here
Beside Switch, OctaGate also offers a service called SiteTimer that allows you to monitor how long it takes for a user to download one or more of your web site pages.