Microsoft released Remote Desktop Connection 6 (Terminal Services) Client. It is strongly advises windows 2003 server or Windows XP user updated current remote desktop connection to the latest version 6.
Remote Desktop Connection 6 Feature:
- Ability to connect to a Vista or Longhorn Server machine using Microsoft’s new Network Layer Authentication technology via Windows XP or Windows 2003
- Provides a way to use any new Terminal Services features introduced in Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows Server Code Name “Longhorn” to connect a computer running Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1.”
Previous remote desktop connection on vista having connection problem to Windows XP or Windows 2003 which ” a warning saying that it couldn’t properly authenticate the PC “, if you updating the latest remote desktop 6, you might not facing the warning problem again.
Here is download links for Remote Desktop Connection 6 for various OS:
- Remote Desktop Connection 6.0 for Windows XP
- Desktop Connection 6.0 for Windows XP x64
- Desktop Connection 6.0 for Windows Server 2003
- Desktop Connection 6.0 for Windows Server 2003 x64