CPU-Z is a freeware detection program base on the Panopsys hardware detection engine. It allows to get some information on your system, including:
- Processor name and vendor
- Core stepping and process
- Processor package
- Processor current core voltage
- Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier
- Partial overclock detection
- Processor features, including supported instructions sets
- L1 to L3 cache information : location, size, speed, technology
- Motherboard information : name, vendor, BIOS, chipset, memory, AGP
- Memory information : size, type, timings, specifications
CPU-Z 1.39 can be download from here, it does not need to be installed. Just unzip the files in a directory and run the .exe. In order to remove the program, just delete the files, and that’s it. The program does not copy any file in any Windows directory, nor write in the registry.
CPU-Z allows to save your configuration file (.cvf). Then submit it at http://valid.x86-secret.com
Go to CPU-Z page for more information.
CPU-Z also provides several tools :
- A complete report, that includes CPUID, MSR, PCI device list, SPD, DMI.
- A cache latency calculation tool