Color Scheme Chooser GX is a HTML color schemes and palettes generator to create good-looking and well balanced and harmonic web pages.
Color Scheme Chooser GX is based on classic color theory pioneered by Johannes Itten in the mid 1900s. Johannes Itten developed a new kind of color wheel that uses yellow, red and blue as its primary colors.
Color Scheme Chooser GX includes all the classic color schemes: Monochromatic, Analogic, Complementary, Split Complementary, Triadic, and Double Contrast.
- Monochromatic Color Scheme – uses the same color (hue) but changes the brightness and saturation to achieve different shades and tints.
- Analogic Color Scheme – uses 3 adjacent colors. The base color plus two colors 30Â° either side. The distance (degrees can be adjusted for different effects).
- Analogic and Complimentary Color Scheme – uses the analogic colors scheme and includes the complimentary color.
- Complimentary Color Scheme – uses colors on the opposite side of the color wheel. The complimentary colors are always warm and cool together.
- Split Complimentary Color Scheme – Similar to complimentary but chooses the adjacent colors 30Â° each way of the compliment.
- Double Complimentary Color Scheme - uses the complimentary color scheme and includes one color 30Â° back from each.
- Triadic Color Scheme – uses the colors at 120Â° around the color wheel (360Â°).
Color Scheme Chooser GX is very easy to use, just input RGB or Hex values or drag the RGB sliders to change the base color. Drag the target slider to change the base hue, saturation or brightness. The preview occurs in real-time. When adjusting the color scheme, you immediately see your changes on the available samples. You can choose different color schemes (explained above) by selecting them in the drop menu.
Color Scheme Chooser GX is a great color matching tool, you can find the best matching colors for your design.